for a change I thought I’d sew something for Mr B instead of myself.
A few years ago he picked up a tunic style shirt from a street market in Thailand. It was only a couple of pounds & was ideal to throw on at the beach when he strolled up to the bar to get me a cocktail!
The fabric is a lovely soft seersucker fabric from Minerva crafts which is currently on sale so hurry up to grab some. I bought it in the Aqua too but I may have to pinch that for myself.
With everything cut out, interfacing was added to the collar & neck facing pieces before stitching. This was the fiddly bit so I took my time sewing, top stitching & clipping seams on the collar & neck opening.
Having redone, & got back to the same stage it was, it’s time to add the sleeves. These were added before sewing up the side seam & I find when easing the fullness of a sleeve into the armhole it helps to fold fabric over my finger as I pin.
Happy with the finished result & just waiting to see the finished article on to decide if there are any changes I want to make before sewing more. I’ve plenty of time after all… Summer seems to have ended here & we don’t have our sun holiday until the middle of winter.
As for the version that his head didn’t like, well I can get it on so a little adaptation & I’ll have a top for the beach too!!!