Bridal Sewing….all the other bits! 

Don’t worry I think this will be the final blog post telling you  all about the wedding… well that’s what Mothers of the Bride do isn’t it! 

So here’s a round up of the bits. 


This was a great easy pattern for a great range of veils. I made the version as shown in the main pic using the same tulle as the dress. 

Once cut out I stitched .5cm from the edge with a narrow zigzag then trimmed down as close to the edge as possible. 

This was then finished off by hand stitching beads evenly spread out along whole of circumference. 

The veil was then gathered & stitched to a comb which had be wound with ribbon. 

Hair Vine. 

With both me & the bride being hairdressers we knew the hair had to be right, & yes I was the hairdresser on the day! 

My daughter had looked at hair vines so with a bit of online research & lots of looking at pics I went & bought wire & beads. 

There are plenty of tutorials online but most seem to make as one long continuous piece & I wanted something a little more portable as I made most of it in short bursts on the train.

Cutting sections of wire approx 15cm long I threaded on a bead, folded in half & twisted for about 1cm before adding another bead bending another section then twisting again. 

The process was repeated then once I had a box full I twisted them together to form a vine. 

It ended up a little more heavenly beaded than planned but as you can squash & bend it, it would still give the effect wanted. 


Every bride needs somewhere to keep her lippy💄so I made a little purse in the dress fabric,  with a little wadding, & lined in the fabric of the grooms tie, using a purse frame. It’s a bit fiddly glueing the fabric into the frame but apart from that a nice little make for a gift.

I made one of these for the first time at a class at  Social Fabric but  unfortunately they don’t seem to have any planned at mo. There are lots of fantastic tutorial online & I find U Handbag great for supplies & tutorials . 

Ties & pocket squares. 

We couldn’t forget the groom & his men. Silk ties were made using a downloaded skinny tie pattern from proper Fit Clothing.

Finally for the little flower girl. 

My daughter decided it would be nice for her niece to carry something she could play with & keep so a rag doll in a dress matching hers seemed perfect. 

Made using a vintage doll pattern it was nearly as big as she was! 

So I think that’s the end of my wedding chatter. It was a fantastic day & worth every minute I spent sewing. 😃


10 thoughts on “Bridal Sewing….all the other bits! 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s