Franki Top

Last month I took part in the testing process for the Franki Top from The Wearable Studio which has now been released.

This boxy style top has 2 versions with a high/low on both. I chose the ruffle version.

With a straightforward construction I cut out one evening and put together the following one using a Viscose from Fabricland

I measured between sizes so opted for the lower one, due to the loose style, and it fitted perfectly.

Sorry for the slightly blurred pics I was busy dancing about at work!

Although I don’t usually do frills I like the ruffled edge and the little feature of the sleeve ties. I received some lovely compliments while I was wearing it so this could become a spring staple😃

Thinking of sunshine

With more cold weather hitting us I’m looking forward to the warmer weather by sewing something summery.

I was given this beautiful fabric for my birthday last year and wanted to make a simple design that would show off the pattern.

I decided on McCalls 7563 and went for view A but with long sleeves.

I also lengthened the body sections by 20cm as I plan to wear tucked in mostly.

What a great quick make. With only 4 pieces I cut out one evening & stitched the next.

I’m sure many more variations of this will find their way into my wardrobe as I dream of sunny climates😎

Fabric from Stone Fabric


Merry Christmas everyone 🎄

I’m having a relaxing day today, sat here watching Mr B start the Christmas cooking and opening pressies.

Thanks to the fantastic organising of Sheila @sewchet I had an extra special parcel under the tree this year from a secret sewing friend!

My box full of treats came from Susana aka Pinsneedles & Fred

I had sweet treats

Some fantastic sewing themed buttons (I’ll have to think of something special to put them on) and a sewing machine shaped hanging hook that will be great to hang my measuring tapes on.

Handmade treats

Which included this cute little brooch and the pattern so I can make more myself too😃

What a sweet snail 🐌. I think this tape measure will be making its way into my handbag so I always have a tape to hand!

With a handy fabric marker, such lovely fabrics & a selection of patterns too I’m feeling very spoilt.

Thank you so much Susana for my lovely gifts and to Sheila for your hard work organising, I hope Santa left some lovely gifts under your trees too.

Happy sewing in 2018😃

Christmas Eve PJ’s

I always loved Christmas Eve when my children were little. We would spend the day cooking and wrapping presents before they excitedly went off to bed. Now I have grandchildren who are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Santa.

My 5 year old grandson & 3 year old granddaughter have a Christmas Eve box that gets delivered by the elves and new pjs are usually included. So this year I decided to make some to help the elves out!

The Dreamland Pyjamas are the latest digital pattern from Sew Me,Wear Me. It covers ages 2-6 and is designed for woven bottoms and a knit top. It also includes a selection of motifs to use as appliqué.

I managed to sew up both pairs in a day using a lovely soft fleece fabric for the bottoms & a t-shirt weight knit for the tops.

Baby grandson was a little small for this pattern at only 4 months but he had to have something to match. I found a free pj bottom pattern here They may be a little big but I’m sure they can be rolled up! Made a little hat from scraps to… just because he’ll look cute!

I think this could become a family tradition. With grandchild no4 on its way I better allow more time for Christmas sewing next year😃


A new pattern has been released by Octavia Patterns this week. Pomegranate Is a simple bias cut top that has only two pattern pieces so is a nice quick make. 

I was lucky enough to take part in the pattern testing process. 

I liked it so much I made two! 

I have found these tops are perfect for me for work as they easy to move around in and the drape front isn’t to low. 

If you fancy trying the Pomegranate you can get 20% off for this week 😃